Get the latest insights on media usage, trends, and engagement in Canada.
The 2021 Media Insights report based on a survey of 1,600 Canadian adults provides our clients and media partners with an in-depth look at how news consumption, media usage, and video and audio streaming has changed dramatically in the past year.
Download now to start applying them to your media strategy.
5 key conclusions include:
- Consumer adoption of 9 different video and streaming services we have we tracked is off the charts: between 17% and 70% of current subscriptions for each one have been generated in the past 12 months alone.
- Social media platforms dominate news consumption sources, outpacing TV, news sites, radio or newspapers.
- For the first time ever, Netflix surpasses Cable TV as the primary entertainment source, while Disney, Crave and Amazon Prime have had a banner year growing market share.
- There are many age- and region-based differences in media consumptions, which is worth examining closely.
- New media consumption habits are likely here to stay, as the vast majority will continue using these services once the pandemic dissipates.
We’ve included a BC Focussed Media Insights Report based on the responses of over 800 British Columbians.
To find out more about this study contact:
President, Insights West