Get the latest insights on media usage, trends, and engagement in British Columbia.
The 2021 Media Insights BC Focus report based on a survey of 800+ British Columbian adults provides our clients and media partners with an in-depth look at how news consumption, media usage, and video and audio streaming has changed dramatically in the past year.
Download now to start applying them to your media strategy.
5 key conclusions include:
- Consumer adoption of 9 different video and streaming services we have we tracked is off the charts: between 17% and 70% of current subscriptions for each one have been generated in the past 12 months alone.
- Social media platforms dominate news consumption sources, outpacing TV, news sites, radio or newspapers.
- For the first time ever, Netflix surpasses Cable TV as the primary entertainment source, while Disney, Crave and Amazon Prime have had a banner year growing market share.
- There are many age- and region-based differences in media consumptions, which is worth examining closely.
- New media consumption habits are likely here to stay, as the vast majority will continue using these services once the pandemic dissipates.
Don’t forget to check out our Canada wide Media Insights Report as well, with responses from 1,600 Canadians
To find out more about this study contact:
President, Insights West